My newest Windows Phone app, Stirling Birthday, was selected by Microsoft to be featured in the Windows Phone Store on Monday, September 23 in Andorra, Armenia, Armenia (English), Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina (Serbian (Latin)), Cyprus, Georgia, Japan, Liechtenstein, Macao SAR, Madagascar, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Uganda, Vanuatu (French) for all phones, Austria, Botswana, Bulgaria, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong SAR (English), Hungary, Latvia, Lesotho, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYRO (Macedonian), Malta, Serbia, Singapore, Swaziland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tuvalu, Vietnam for all non-Nokia phones, and Belarus, Bhutan, Cambodia, Faroe Islands, Grenada, Kenya, Korea (south), Malawi, Montenegro, Montenegro (Serbian (Latin)), Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Seychelles (French) for Nokia phones.
The criteria Microsoft uses for these selections are:
- Strong performance and stability
- Easy to navigate without instructions
- Drives repeated and consistent use
- Originality and innovation
- Strong visual impact
- “Make your users say ‘wow’”
- Meaningful use of Windows Phone design features
- Apps that take advantage of cross-platform synergy for platforms like Windows Phone, Windows 8, SkyDrive, etc…
This is the second time I’ve had an app selected to be featured and it is definitely an honor. Check out Stirling Birthday in the Windows Phone Store!